LEEK FLAN WITH TURMERIC SAUCE
Gluten free / Sugar free / Milk free
Difficulty: medium\ time: 60 mins \ serves 2
90 g rice
2 tsp. corn starch
100 ml vegetable stock
100 ml soy or rice sauce
extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch turmeric
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 160°C
2. Chop the leek, place it in a bowl of cold water for 10 mins, dry and dress with olive oil and salt.
3. Place in a hot pot, cover and braise over low heat for 15 mins.
4. Remove from heat, open pot and let contents cool.
5. In a bowl mix the egg, 1 tbsp corn starch and the rice. Pour over leeks.
6. Lightly grease two alluminium muffin tins and fill with the mixture.
7. Gently bake in bain-marie for 30 mins., remove from oven and let the flans rest.
For the sauce
1. Bring the stock to the boil and add the soy sauce, the salt and the turmeric.
2. In a different pot, mix 1 tbsp. water with 1 tbsp. corn starch, cook for 1 min. amd add to the soy-turmeric sauce.
3. Decorate the flans with the sauce and serve.